Firm Type: Interactive Marketing Agency
Type of Position: Full-Time
Our client is an interactive agency that uses the online channel to solve marketing and communications challenges for their clients. Their digital efforts include websites, microsites, email marketing campaigns, mobile, and online media buys and other tactics in the online space.
Account Managers are able to ensure that projects are in line strategically with their client’s marketing, communications and overall business strategy. Account Managers promote the success of online activities by
creating client solutions that include effective builds, marketing activities, tracking and reporting, and maintenance or administration support.
Account Managers are responsible for the year-to-year revenue growth of their clients. This revenue growth will be achieved through successful projects, meaningful relationships and consultative selling.
As the “owner” of the relationship the Account Manager should use sound business knowledge, solid judgment, and
vertical and industry expertise to exceed client expectations.
Problem solving, visible leadership, positive attitude and a genuine desire to service further the business and communication objectives of our clients are the cornerstones of a successful Account Manager
Account Growth / Relationship Management – 40%
1. Manage a set of relationships that can yield $1M+ in revenue per year. Network the client relationships to open up new revenue opportunities
2. Account Managers are accountable for the profitability of their accounts.
3. Build meaningful strategic relationships with middle to senior level decision-makers such as brand or product managers. Respond to, and at times predict, the client’s needs and excel at meeting those needs.
4. Develop and grow business within identified accounts through consultative selling and effective relationship building. This will include leading the proposal process, preparing presentations and showing initiative and visible leadership when mining new business within existing accounts.
5. Account Managers are responsible for all aspects of their accounts and therefore should be aware of, consolidate and strategize on a broad range of account activities including Consulting, Marketing, Builds, and Maintenance.
6. Keep abreast of industry and vertical trends to an extent that clients see the Account Manager as a strategic partner such that we can fulfill on its core service offering of combining both delivery and vertical expertise.
7. Qualify projects and accounts, making go / no-go recommendations when necessary
Project Participation – 40%
1. Ensure contractual coverage for all client and project work.
2. Ensure full and meaningful knowledge transfer to the PM and the delivery team at the beginning of each project.
3. The AM is accountable to the PM for certain project related deliverables activities, including Requirements Gathering and Analysis, Strategic Direction Setting, and client expectation management
4. Facilitate and coordinate the requirements analysis phase of a project and prepare the Requirements Analysis document.
5. The Account Manager is accountable for the quality of client facing deliverables, including documentation
and presentations. The Account Manager should support the PM to achieve timely sign off on project deliverables.
6. The Account Manager is responsible for initial project negotiations as well as for any communication related
to changes that affect timeline, budget, client expectation setting or policy. This communication should be coordinated with the Project Manager and should be based on input by the project team.
Administration – 10%
1. Forecast and justify potential project/revenue possibilities for each account over a six-month period on a monthly basis
2. Prepare and present project progress reports and other valuable status information to clients and Sr. Management
3. Create and review monthly invoices
Other – 10%
1. Participate in departmental initiatives including, process re-engineering, template creation and review, departmental strategic planning.
2. Tracking time and meeting personal billable utilization targets
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience
- Interactive marketing strategy experience, in particular with pharma or healthcare clients
- Success in growing accounts and delivering on new business quotas
SOFT SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Have the ability to work in a leadership position on a high performing team of specialists.
- Add to a positive, proactive departmental focus.
- Show good judgment and professionalism in dealing with both clients and internal team members
- Must be able to handle job-related stress, particularly with respect to meeting deadlines and managing to clients and teams, including pushing back.
- Must be able to work with little supervisions and manage time and priorities.
- Have a genuine interest in the success of our clients and facilitate that success by bringing industry and interactive experience to bear on client solutions.